Mantras Remedies for the Nine Planets in every ancient of civilization were looked upon as gods however there are hundreds of mythological stories concerning planets. The Vedic Astrology recognizes nine heavenly bodies as planets, Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu. Sun, Moon and Moon’s nodes Rahu and Ketu are also treated as planets in astrology. Vedic Astrology does not take Uranus, Neptune and Pluto in account. However, ancient text of Vedic astrology mentioned five non luminous planets, invisible to naked eye, but they are seldom used for predictive purpose.
For Surya or Sun related troubles and during the dasa or antardasa of sun mentioned below.
1. Workship the ruling deity Lord Shiva.
2. Recite Aditya Gridaya stotra daily or Gayatri Mantra daily.
3. Japa of Sun’s moola mantra: “Om hram hreem hroum sah suryaya namah”, 6000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Soorya Stotra.
5. Charity: Donate wheat or sugar candy on Sunday.
6. Fasting day: Sundays.
7. Pooja: Rudrabhishek.
For Chandra or Moon related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Moon.
1. Worship the ruling deity Gouri.
2. Recite Annapoorna stotram.
3. Japa of Moon’s moola mantra: “Om shram shreem shraum sah chandraya namah”,
10000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Chandra stotra:
5. Dadhi Shankha tushaarabham ksheero darnava sambhavam
Namaami shashinam somam shambhor mukuta bhushanam
6. Charity: Donate cow’s milk or rice on Monday.
7. Fasting: On Mondays.
8. Pooja: Devi pooja on Monday.
9. Rudraksha: Wear 2 mukhi Rudraksha.
Mars is the planet, which gives prosperity and wealth. Angaraka or Mars is regarded as a God of martial character, red in every aspect. Even the Romans held him as their Guru. He is the Son of Earth and is ruled by Lord Subramanya.
1. Worship the ruling deities Kartikeya and Shiva.
2. Recite Kartikeya or Shiva stotra.
3. Japa of the Mars mantra: ” Om kram kreem kroum sah bhaumaya namah “,
7000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Mangala stotra: Dharani garbha sambhutam vidyut kanti samaprabham
Kumaram shakti hastam tam mangalam pranamamyaham.
5. Charity: Donate Masoor dal( red lentils) on Tuesday.
6. Fasting: On Tuesdays.
7. Pooja: Kartikeya pooja or Rudrabhishekha.
8. Rudraksha: Wear a 3 mukhi Rudraksha.
Mars is also the remover of debts and the giver of wealth. The following is a highly recommended stotra of Mars for this purpose.
Kuja stotra :
Nrishtekargaacha hartaacha sarvadevascha poojitah.
Lohito Lohitaakshascha samagaana Kripaakarah
Dharmatmajah Kujobhoumou bhumido bhuminam
Rakta maalyambaradharam shulashakti gadaadharah
Charbhujo yeshagato varadamcha dharaasutah
Mangalo bhumiputrascha runahartaa dhanapradah
Sthiraasano mahaakaayo sarvakaama phalapradam
For Budha or Mercury related problems and during his dasa and antardasa:
1. Worship Lord Ganesha/Vishnu.
2. Recite Vishnu sahasranama stotra.
3. Japa of the Budha beeja mantra: ” Om bram breem broum sah budhaya namah” ,
17000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Budha stotra: Priyangu Kalika Shyaamam Roopena Pratimam Budham
Soumyam Soumya gunopetam tam Budham Pranamamyaham.
5. Charity: Donate green Moong dal on Wednesday.
6. Fasting: On Wednesdays.
7. Pooja: Vishnu pooja.
8. Wear a 10 mukhi Rudraksha.
Jupiter gives education and knowledge. Brihaspati is the Guru (Jupiter). He results in a cure from ailments and helps one cleanse his/her negative emotions and gives strength, valour, longevity, etc. He grants the boon of fatherhood to the childless, good education (Vidya). He is ruled by Lord Dakshinamurthy.
1. Worship Lord Shiva.
2. Recite Sri Rudram.
3. Japa of the Guru beeja mantra: ” Om gram greem goum sah gurave namah ” ,
16000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Guru stotra: Devanam cha rishinam cha Gurum kaanchan Sannibhaam
Buddhi bhutam Trilokesham tam namaami Brihaspatim.
5. Donate: Saffron or turmeric on thursday.
6. Fasting: On Thrusdays.
7. Pooja: Rudrabhishekam.
8. Wear a 5 mukhi rudraksha.
Venus gives the knowledge of art, music etc. Sukra or Venus is the bestower of long life, wealth, happiness, children, property and good education. He is ruled by Goddess Mahalakshmi.
1. Worship Durga Devi.
2. Recite Shree Sooktam or Devi stuti or Durga chalisa.
3. Japa of Shukra beeja mantra: ” Om dram dreem droum sah shukraya namah “,
20000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Shukra stotra: Hima kunda mrinalaabham daityanam paramam gurum
Sarv shastra pravaktaram bhargavem pranamamyaham
5. Donate clothes to a lady on Friday.
6. Fasting: On Fridays.
7. Pooja: Durga Devi pooja.
8. Wear a 6 mukhi Rudraksha.
For Shani or Saturn related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Shani.
1. Worship Lord Hanuman or Lord Siva.
2. Recite Hanuman chalisa or any other Hanuman stotra.
3. Japa of Shani mantra: ” Om pram preem proum sah shanaischaraya namah ” ,
19000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Shani stotra:
Nelanjan samabhasam ravi putram yamagrajam
Chaaya martand sambhutam tam namami shanaischaram
5. Donate a buffalo or black oil (sesame seeds) on Saturday.
6. Fasting on Fridays.
7. Pooja: Hanuman pooja or Siva Pooja
8. Wear a 14 mukhi Rudraksha.
For all Saturn related troubles the following Shani
Shodasanama stotra of Dasharatha is an excellent remedy.
Maargandaja sudhaasouri neelavastraanjanadyutih
Abrahmanah kroora kroora karmaatangi grahanaayakah
Krishnodharmaanujah shantah shushkodara varapradah
Apart from this reciting the following dasanama stotra of Shani by Dasharatha near a Pepal tree is also a highly recommended one.
Souri, shanaischaro mandah
For Rahu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Rahu.
1. Worship Bhairava or lord Shiva.
2. Recite the Kalabhairav asthakam.
3. Japa of the rahu beeja mantra: ” Om bhram bhreem bhroum sah rahave namah ” ,
18000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Rahu stotra: Ardha Kaayam maha veryam chandraditya vimardhanam
Simhika garbha sambhutam tam rahum pranamamyaham.
5. Donate: Udad dal or coconut on Saturday.
6. Fasting on Saturdays.
7. Pooja: Bhairav or Shiva or Chandi pooja.
8. Wear An 8 mukhi Rudraksha.
9. One of the best remedies for rahu is reciting the first chapter of Durga Saptashati.
For Ketu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Ketu.
1. Worship Lord Ganesha.
2. Recite Ganesha Dwadasanama Stotra.
3. Japa of the Ketu beeja mantra: ” Om sram sreem sroum sah ketave namah ” ,
7000 times in 40 days.
4. Recite the Ketu stotra: Palasha pushpa sankaasham taraka graha mastakam
Roudram roudratmakam ghoram tam ketum Pranamamyaham.
5. Donate: A black cow or black mustard seeds on Thursday.
6. Fasting: On Thursdays.
7. Pooja: Ganesh pooja.
8. Wear a 9 mukhi rudraksha.
9. A very good remedy for Ketu is the reciting of Shiva Panchakshari Stotra.